Sunday, June 17, 2018

Blog Challenge - Day 7 - Your 5 Favorite Songs

Hello there -

Been in my head the past few days - and just wanted a minute to be there.  Not a bad place, just a place to get away from being unnumb.

Also - I didn't want to come up with 5 lame songs just to come up with songs.

First song - is a no brainer if you've read my post of the favorite quotes.  Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.  The ballad is beautiful.  Timeless.  And transparent.  I love it.

Second song - Deliver Me by  Sarah Brightman.  It's from one of my all time favorite movies on friendship, love, sacrafice, and courage - Brokedown Palace.  I fell in love with song when I was pregnant with my Ella.  I was so lost.  Didn't know where I was going, didn't know how to conquer motherhood, and this just hit the spot.  In the 12 years that my Ella has been on this earth with me, every time I hear it, I fall even more in love with her.  She's my rock.  She has shown me my way without doing a darn thing.  I hope I'm everything for her too.

Third Song - Turn the Page by either Metallica or Bob Seger.  It's a classic.  I could listen to it over and over and over again.  And have.

Forth Song - 4 Non Blondes - What's UP.  It's a great song.  It kicks my ass in karaoke, but it's one that every body sings with you on. 

Fifth and final song - Mayonaisse by the Smashing Pumpkins.  Another great ballad that resonates a place from my early teenage years.  Another lost place.  Another place where I was trying to find myself, figure out the pain, and understand the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment